The International Society Fellowes (products and office solutions) is very interested to MSD (musculoskeletal disorders) and offers on its website a great tool: a module balance very well designed ergonomically name of a character created for occasion: Super Ergo.
Purpose of this module: from a series of questions, develop your ergonomic balance and make good resolutions about your position at the workstation. For the facilitators of EPN and people working at a computer all day long and beyond, is essential for health.
Review Super Ergo Ergonomic handy
The ergonomic assessment proposed by Fellowes is built around a particular test of 19 questions asking for simple answers without ambiguity. A report is generated in the end.
- Do you have glare on your screen?
- The screen of your computer is there in front of you?
- The top of the screen is there to meet your eyes?
- The screen is there at a distance of 45-91 cm from your eyes?
- Do you use a briefcase when you type a text?
Position the keyboard and mouse, office layout
- Do you have difficulty reaching your keyboard and mouse?
- Do you have difficulty reaching your files and your phone?
- Are you sitting comfortably with your back right?
- Your feet are they lying flat on the floor or a footrest?
- Get your feet under your chair when you work?
- The fold of your knees touch does the edge of your seat?
Seat height, position of the keyboard and mouse
- Are your shoulders relaxed and your forearms Parallel to your desktop when you use your keyboard?
- When you use your keyboard and mouse, your wrists are they in a neutral position (that is to say, not broken or slightly lower than your elbows)?
- When you write or use your keyboard and mouse, rest your wrists or forearms on the edge of office?
- How is the brightness in your office?
- Your office is there at the right temperature?
- In terms of cleanliness, how is your working environment (including the keyboard and mouse)?
Have you ever had pain due to your job?